Any personal data collected through this website will be treated as confidential in line with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Cookies and Website Traffic Analysis
When users enter the CAMERAS (Co-ordinated Agenda for Marine, Environment and Rural Affairs Science) website, their computers will automatically be issued with 'cookies'. Cookies are text files which identify users' computers to the CAMERAS web server. The website then creates "session" cookies to store some of the preferences of users moving around the website. Cookies in themselves do not identify individual users but identify only the computer used.
Many websites do this to track traffic flows whenever users visit those websites.
The CAMERAS website uses third-party cookies to measure use of the website including number of visitors, how frequently pages are viewed, and the city and country of origin of users. This helps to determine what is popular and can influence future content and development. For this purpose, CAMERAS uses Google Analytics to measure and analyse usage of the website. The information collected by CAMERAS will include IP Address, pages visited, browser type and operating system. The data will not be used to identify any user personally. For further details on the cookies set by Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Code website.
Most recent web browsers allow you to control cookies. This can be done through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete them in different browsers, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies used on our site
|Cookie File Name||Typical Content||Expires|
|[Session number]||randomly generated number||At end of session|
|_utma||Google Analytics - randomly generated number||2 years|
|_utmb||Google Analytics - randomly generated number||30 minutes|
|_utmc||Google Analytics - randomly generated number||when you close your browser|
|_utmz||Google Analytics - randomly generated number and information on how the site was reached (e.g. direct or via a link, organic search or paid search)||6 months|
This Website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that CAMERAS is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Website.
If you have any queries, please get in touch through the details on the Contact Us page.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by CAMERAS and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of CAMERAS. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, CAMERAS takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of CAMERAS - © CAMERAS 2010. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
The term ‘CAMERAS’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.